[aisle] [AISLE-Share] Discarded Books: Poor Condition or Inaccurate

Suzanne Freer sfreer at d101.org
Tue Dec 18 09:03:55 CST 2018

SCARCE In Glen Ellyn is asking for books at this time, they have recently
cleaned out their warehouse. No, they don’t do pick ups but they are asking
for discarded library books! I bring my stuff there regularly. Right  of
355, might be worth the trip.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:01 AM Barb Miller <bmiller at troy30c.org> wrote:

> ACI just came and picked up books from us this past August.
>
> Barb Miller
> Learning Resource Center Facilitator
> Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C
>
> *Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination *
> - Sidney Sheldon
>

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 5:06 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
> School Library Educators via AISLE <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Good evening, everyone:
>>
>> I know this has been asked many times previously, but where do you go
>> with discarded books that can't be donated or repurposed because they're in
>> terrible condition or hopelessly out of date?
>>
>> I'm systematically weeding a long-neglected collection and have amassed
>> many boxes of old materials. Here's what I've tried/considered:
>>
>>    - *Recycling service.* I can't find a service that will pick them up.
>>    I've called and e-mailed several places, and they won't take library books.
>>    - *Give-aways.* I can't offer them to students or teachers because of
>>    poor condition or inaccuracy. I won't donate them because kids deserve
>>    better.
>>    - *School projects. *The art department and classroom teachers don't
>>    need/want them.
>>
>> I'm in Winnetka, a northern suburb of Chicago. If anybody knows of
>> something I haven't tried, please let me know!
>>
>> Warmest regards,
>>
>> Jenna

> This electronic message (and any associated file
> attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual
> or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
> confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
> printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
> strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
> please promptly delete this message and notify the sender
> by e-mail.

Suzanne Freer
Laidlaw Elementary School
Western Springs, IL
sfreer at d101.org

--
This email transmission contains information from Western Springs School
District 101 which is confidential or privileged. This information is