[AISLE-Share] Chromebook cleaners

Thu Dec 6 12:59:28 CST 2018

I deal with the disgustingness that gets on CBs also.  I wear gloves most
of the time.  I have had mold, poo, pee (NOT from an animal), food, bed
bugs, puke, gum, mud and Heaven knows what else on/in them.  I use medical
grade wipes, the ones doctor's offices use to kill Staph, Strep, AIDS,
Hepatitis, Norovirus, etc.  I also seal the really gross ones in bags for a
month sometimes, just to kill off some of the pestilence contained within
the CB before I give it a good cleaning.  Not everyone has the option to do
that, I know, but it helps.   I would check with your custodial staff to
see if they have the medical grade wipes already.  Some schools always keep
them on-hand for flu season.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:43 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Would you please share what you use for cleaning your chromebooks?
>
> Currently, we use monoprice screen cleaner and microfiber cloths for the
> screens but we haven't found the best thing for the keyboards and
> touchpads.  Our students are not allowed to use Clorex or Lysol wipes.
> We're an elementary building, so the level of grime and unmentionables on
> the devices is reaching the highest gross out level possible.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Christine Pulgar
> Reader. Teacher. Librarian. – MLIS; NBCT
> Glen Oaks School
> Hickory Hills, IL 60457
> 708-233-6806
> cpulgar at npd117.net
> https://twitter.com/CpulgarNBCT
> https://twitter.com/glenoakslibrary
> “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King
> Currently reading:
> *Fish in a Tree* by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Kristi L.S. Pierce
Certified Library Media Spec.