[AISLE-Share] WeVideo Question

Wed Dec 12 08:11:20 CST 2018

I manage our school account.  With curiosity (and a bit of trepidation) I
tried a few terms.  If I type in cock I get dogs (cocker spaniel) and
rooster.  Breasts results in chicken breast.  Drugs looks mostly like
prescription bottles.  Meth does have two clips or images of what looks
like that, but nothing salacious.  Cocaine has a police officer reviewing
evidence.  Ho searches for holy. Sex returns nothing. Tits returns nothing.
penis returns nothing. Fight is mostly boxing.  Murder isn't anything too
bad-- the worst couple had people with bloody faces.  So even when I am
looking for inappropriate things I'm not seeing it.  I feel comfortable
turning everyone loose on it.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 3:19 AM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> We haven't seen anything inappropriate. It has become our go to for stock
> footage, images, sound effects, and music.
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, 3:30 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
> School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info wrote:
>
>> I have not encountered anything inappropriate yet, but I haven't
>> thoroughly searched, either.
>>
>> Taryn Hettlinger Parise
>> Library Learning Center Director
>> Longfellow School
>> *Follow us on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
>> (@longfellow_library)*
>>
>> *Currently Reading: Amal Unbound by Aisha Saeed*
>> *Currently Listening to: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K.
>> Rowling*
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 2:48 PM Email list for the Association of
>> Illinois School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> For anyone who uses WeVideo...
>>>
>>> Do you use the WeVideo Essentials library of stock images and video
>>> clips?  If so, have you ever found anything inappropriate for students
>>> while searching?  My district has had it blocked since it was added to
>>> WeVideo.  I have my principal fighting on my behalf for students to have
>>> access to this part of WeVideo.  Our Technology Director is saying WeVideo
>>> can't guarantee that all the material is appropriate for students.  They
>>> won't even open it for me to evaluate.  So  thought I would reach out and
>>> gather any information that I can gather from other WeVideo users.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>>>
>>> Andrea Perrin
>>> LRC Director
>>> Woodland Middle School
>>> aperrin at dist50.net
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrea Perrin
>>> LRC Director
>>> Woodland Middle School - Gurnee, IL.

>> This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
>> information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
>> any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
>> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
>> immediately delete this message and any attachments.

Ata Bird
PBLJH Librarian
pbljhlibrary.wordpress.com

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info