[ISLMA-Share] Another opportunity for a Book Repair workshop in Western suburbs

Mon Feb 12 12:06:22 CST 2018

Hi all,
We still have space in this Book Repair Workshop on March 1st. If you are
interested in coming, please email me by this Wednesday, February 14! Thank
you!

On *Thursday, March 1** from 8:30am-11:15* at the Prospect Elementary
School Library in Clarendon Hills, IL, there will be a free training in
order to learn how to repair books.

If you are interested, please contact *Becky Swanson at rswanson at d181.org
<rswanson at d181.org>. *

Kary Barth, regional sales manager for Kapco Library Products, will be
running the workshop. It is designed to demonstrate quick and easy
techniques for extending shelf life on general circulating materials.
Prevention is the key, but we will be addressing specific, common repairs:
re-inserting loose pages, broken spines, torn header caps, ripped and torn
pages.

Each participant is asked to bring:

   - one or two paperback books, preferably new or new-like, to demonstrate
   covering techniques
   - a hardbound book with a book jacket to demonstrate application of
book jacket
   covers
   - a stapled book or magazine
   - one hardbound book that needs repair
   - a “naked” hardbound book; i.e., a hardbound book that does NOT have a
   book jacket cover.

Each participant will be provided with a *free *sample packet of materials.

*There is a drawing at every workshop for a* *DELUXE PAPERBACK PROTECTION
KIT, Retail Value $113.00*

Feel free to email me with any questions as well! Thanks!