[ISLMA-Share] Colonial America

Thu Feb 22 13:49:55 CST 2018

Copper Sun by Sharon Draper

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 1:39 PM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Colonial America

1660-1800  We are keeping it wide open to find something that works.

Kathy Wickline
Unity Junior High Librarian
Tolono, IL
wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us<mailto:wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us>

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 1:32 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
What time period are you referring to?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info<mailto:islma at list.railslibraries.info>> wrote:
Dear All,
We are looking to add to our seventh grade social studies classes a fiction book that features either women or Native Americans or African Americans.  Our textbook gives the standard view of that time period, so we would like to diversify through fiction.
Kathy Wickline
Unity Junior High Librarian
Tolono, IL
wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us<mailto:wicklinek at unity.k12.il.us>

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ujhslibrary

Karen Varga
Librarian, Marian Central Catholic H. S.

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above addressee only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged information exempt from disclosure under federal or state law. In the event some other person or entity receives this transmission, said recipient is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you should receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail or calling (217) 362-3000, delete the file from your system, and destroy any hard copies of this transmission. Thank you. Decatur Public School District 61, Decatur, Illinois.