[ISLMA-Share] World Book Advanced vs. Culture Grams

Tue Feb 27 13:52:12 CST 2018

Hi,

When I started my present position here in the high school, they were
already subscribed to World Book Advanced as a database.

This year, I have had a teacher request Culture Grams, which I am much more
familiar with. While its audience is directed to middle grades, I still
think many Freshmen and Sophomores are not above it in their Lexile levels.

Does anyone have experience with both databases? I am not impressed with
World Book Advanced's user interface, but the information presented is
valid. I do like its features, too, but Culture Grams is much more enticing
and user-friendly.

Thank you if you have experience with either, if you could weigh in, please.
(Worried that Culture Grams might be too juvenile for high school).

Warmly,

Lori McGreal
Librarian
Trinity High School