[ISLMA-Share] Title Suggestions? Stories told through poems

Sat Jan 6 19:51:00 CST 2018

In preparation for National Poetry Month in April, I'm looking for titles
of books that are stories told through poems.  I'm not looking for general
novels in verse or a poetry anthology on a general topic (like death or
love).  What I'm looking for are books like *A Wreath for Emmett Till* (story
told through a heroic crown of sonnets), *Death Coming Up the Hill* (story
told solely through haikus), or *October Mourning* (story told through a
variety of types of poems).  But, so far, these are the only titles written
like this that I've been able to find.  The books are for a high school
literature class, but the concept of a story told via poetry is more
important than the reading level.  Any and all ideas will be greatly
appreciated!

Carrie Grieme
Literature Educator
Library Sciences Student - ISU