[ISLMA-Share] elementary school circulation policy recommendation

Wed Jan 10 15:28:19 CST 2018

At our K-8 school:

·       How many books can be checked out at a time? Kindy one, 1st-8th two
but we allow more if it is for a research project

·       What is the maximum number of books that can be checked out
simultaneously? Kindy one, 1-8 two but we allow more if it is for a
research project

·       How long is the checkout period (e.g. 1 week, 2 weeks, undefined)?
K-3 one week, 4-8 two weeks

·       How many times can a student renew a book? a couple (after the
first renewal I insist on seeing the book to make sure it isn't lost)
unless someone is on hold for the book

·       Do you allow a Hold to be put on a book? yes

Jina Rappaport, MLIS
Elementary & Junior High Learning Centers
Oak Grove School District 68
1700 S. O'Plaine Road
Green Oaks, Illinois 60048
847.367.4120 x2710

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is intended only for the person
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged