[ISLMA-Share] High School: Fake News

Thu Jan 11 10:10:56 CST 2018

I tried sending a PowerPoint to the listserv and it didn't go.  So if you'd
like to see the presentation that I used for my faculty and staff last
November, I posted it on my Libguide: http://lakeland.
libguides.com/tutorials/evaluatesources in the top right. There are some
notes in the presentation and I think I gave credit for everything I used.
Feel free to borrow what you need.

I have adapted it since then--for example, I talked to our dental hygiene
students about fake news in their world. So fun to research alternative
treatments that "cure" cavities and the kind of fake products that are
marketed to people about their teeth!

Thanks,

Sarah Hill, Information Services Librarian
Lake Land College, Mattoon, Illinois
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) Immediate Past President,
2017-2018
Twitter @glibrarian
Goodreads.com/gsarahthelibrarian
Work Phone: 217.234.5440 <(217)%20234-5440>

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library