[ISLMA-Share] Job description - question for traveling librarians

Tue Jan 16 08:31:41 CST 2018

I am the district librarian and  travel between seven buildings. Five are
PreK/K through 4, one is 5/6, and one is 7/8. I believe the travel
requirements were included in the job description when I applied. I am able
to set my own schedule for my time in each building.

If you have questions, please email me.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination *
- Sidney Sheldon

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello!
>
> I am looking for input from any librarians who currently travel between
> school buildings in your district.  I am most interested in those
> librarians who travel between like grade level buildings (for example from
> one high school to another high school in the same district), but input
> from all is appreciated.
>
>    - Were the travel specifications included in your job posting? - if so
>    would you be willing to share?
>    - How is travel defined in your current job description and/or
>    contract?
>    - Were you given a set travel schedule or do you make your own
>    schedule?
>    - Is your travel schedule fixed (are you at the same building(s) at
>    the same time every day each week)?
>    - If your traveling schedule is flexible, how do you determine when to
>    be where, and ensure that your time is split equally?
>

> Thank you in advance for sharing!
>
> Amy Walsh

This electronic message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.