[ISLMA-Share] Diverse YA Feminist Fiction

Tue Jan 16 13:22:54 CST 2018

Hello all!

We're doing a bit of thinking ahead for displays in my library and with
March being Women's History Month, we always have a big nonfiction display
of exceptional women from around the world and spanning the spectrum of
areas of influence (the arts, the military, sports, etc.)

We want to expand to include feminist YA (and adult with YA appeal) fiction
as well, but the titles I have so far come from white, cisgendered
perspectives - Moxie, Glory O'Brien's History of the Future, The Female of
the Species. I want this to be intersectional and inclusive, so any
recommendations for additional diverse titles would be appreciated!

-Monica Fumarolo

--
Monica Fumarolo, MSLIS
Librarian

--
Monica L. Fumarolo
B.A. - English, Secondary School Teaching