[ISLMA-Share] Cataloging and title questions

Mon Jan 22 08:03:10 CST 2018

For your book questions:

Could the first book be "Friends for Life" by Andrew Norriss? "Francis
Meredith is a boy who is interested in fashion and costuming, which has
made him a target at school, but when he meets Jessica and Andi his life
begins to change--Andi is an athletic girl with a reputation for fighting
and family in the fashion business, and Jessica is a ghost who has no idea
how she died"

And I think the second book may be "Hidden Girl: The True Story of a
Modern-Day Child Slave" by Shyima Hall-- except the summary says that her
Egyptian parents sold her into slavery, not that her village was destroyed.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Happy Friday everyone!
>
> I have a cataloging question regarding authors who have 2 last names. In
> particular, Judith Ortiz Cofer. If I get in the way-back machine and return
> to my cataloging course, I seem to remember that authors with this type of
> name get cataloged under first three letters of the second name. In this
> case, COF.
>
> If her name were hyphenated (Ortiz-Cofer) then it would be cataloged under
> ORT, right?
>
> Also I have two books that students were looking for:
> The first is about a girl who commits suicide and now she is trapped in
> her school with the ghosts of other students who killed themselves. She
> cannot escape the school.
>
> The second is about a young girl whose village in Africa is destroyed by
> war, and she escapes to the U.S., only to be held hostage by a family who
> forces her into domestic service without pay. She escapes with a boy and
> another girl (I think?)
>
> Thank you thank you!

Mrs. Mary Clare O'Grady
Library Learning Center Director
Monroe Middle School
Wheaton-Warrenville CUSD 200

--

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,