[ISLMA-Share] Research Help-DACA? Dream Act

Mon Jan 22 10:25:39 CST 2018

Hello to everyone!

I have a request that has stumped me and I feel a little embarrassed that
I'm coming up empty. I have a teacher who wants his students to look at
both sides of the *DACA/Dream Act *revocation issue so that they can draft
their own opinions. We are looking for informed dissenting opinions
(anti-*DACA/Dream
Act *opinions) that meet the muster of the Washington Post Fact Checker and
Politifact.

These are the articles he has so far.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/06/us/
politics/undocumented-illegal-immigrants.html

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/01/17/immigration-
customs-enforcement-ice-jorge-garcia-mexican-immigrant-deported/1039806001/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-immigration-crackdown-
causes-some-to-rethink-their-vote/?authenticated=1

*https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/rape-in-the-fields/
<https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/rape-in-the-fields/>*

Any ideas? I'm surprised/not surprised that it's so difficult to find
articles supporting the revocation of *DACA/Dream Act. *The sources can be
admittedly biased-we're just looking for factual arguments. I'm starting
now to dig through more general immigration articles (which do have some
useful information), but I'm hoping to find something overtly tied to
DACA/Dream Act.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jennifer Sutton
Teacher Librarian
Lake Park High School-East Campus
600 Medinah Road