[ISLMA-Share] Ideas for Asian stories for World Read Aloud Day

Tue Jan 23 10:46:07 CST 2018

Hi all,

February 1st is World Read Aloud day and my 6th graders are celebrating
their annual "Asia Day" on that day.  Typically I host a storytelling
station, but this year, since the date was perfect, I figure I would do a
read-aloud instead.  I'm looking for great recommendations on picture books
of Asian folk and fairy tales, or even picture books that were originally
published in an Asian country before being translated into English.  Since
I'm not storytelling, recommendations for specific books with really
fantastic illustrations would be ideal (rather than just the names of
traditional tales).

Thanks for the input!
Kori

Kori Wentzloff
LLC Director
Edison Middle School
Wheaton, IL
(630) 682-2050 ex.6861
kori.wentzloff at cusd200.org
#EdisonPantherPride

--

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,