[ISLMA-Share] paperback book covers

Wed Jan 24 09:38:23 CST 2018

We also use Demco covers on paperbacks and graphic novels.  However, I find
the problem with the graphic novels is not so much the covers as the glue
holding in the pages.  They just don't have a long shelf life if they are
paperbacks.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I put Demco covers on my paperbacks. It keeps them in better shape for a
> little bit longer than normal. I can provide the exact kind if you would
> like.
>
> *Mr. Tim Yoder*
>
> Librarian
> Harvard Junior High School
> 1301 North Garfield Street
> Harvard, IL 60033
> 815-943-6466 ext.2337 <(815)%20943-6466>
> Fax 815-943-8521 <(815)%20943-8521>
> Email: tyoder at cusd50.org
>
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Do you put covers or protectors on your paperback books? I'm thinking
>> about using them on paperback graphic novels but I'm not sure what kind is
>> the best or even if it's worth it to do.  Cost is a concern, but ease of
>> use is important.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Beth
>> bkovacic at komarek94.org