[ISLMA-Share] Ideas for Asian stories for World Read Aloud Day

Wed Jan 24 10:40:42 CST 2018

Dear Kori,

I hope this list is helpful.

Sincerely,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> February 1st is World Read Aloud day and my 6th graders are celebrating
> their annual "Asia Day" on that day.  Typically I host a storytelling
> station, but this year, since the date was perfect, I figure I would do a
> read-aloud instead.  I'm looking for great recommendations on picture books
> of Asian folk and fairy tales, or even picture books that were originally
> published in an Asian country before being translated into English.  Since
> I'm not storytelling, recommendations for specific books with really
> fantastic illustrations would be ideal (rather than just the names of
> traditional tales).
>
> Thanks for the input!
> Kori
>
> Kori Wentzloff
> LLC Director
> Edison Middle School
> Wheaton, IL
> (630) 682-2050 ex.6861
> kori.wentzloff at cusd200.org
> #EdisonPantherPride
>
> This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
> information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
> any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
> immediately delete this message and any attachments.

*Marsha Stewart*
*Librarian*

The Ancona School <http://www.anconaschool.org/>

4770 S. Dorchester Ave.