[ISLMA-Share] Citation Question

Thu Jan 25 11:48:40 CST 2018

Thank you.  I passed this on.

Jennifer Bromann-Bender
Librarian
Lincoln-Way West High School
21701 S. Gougar Rd.
New Lenox, IL 60451
815-717-3551
jbromann-bender at lw210.org<mailto:jbromann-bender at lw210.org>

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 11:20 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Citation Question

For advertisement found on a webpage, according to NoodleTools:

Advertised Product/Company [Advertisement]. (Date). Retrieved from URL

so it would be like this example:

Audible [Advertisement]. Retrieved January 25, 2018, from Goodreads
     website: https://www.goodreads.com/

There is a whole other debate on whether you put today's date in for the date of the website, but I always tell students that's up to the teacher. I think it's silly to keep repeating info in the citation when you know the site is updated everyday, even if they don't put that info anywhere on the homepage. Some people might leave out the "Goodreads website" part, too, but I like having that in there. Sometimes it isn't clear from the URL.

Sarah Hill, Information Services Librarian
Lake Land College, Mattoon, Illinois
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) Immediate Past President, 2017-2018
Twitter @glibrarian
Goodreads.com/gsarahthelibrarian
Work Phone: 217.234.5440<tel:(217)%20234-5440>

I just found out this is for the APA style for this assignment.  Any suggestions for APA?

Jennifer Bromann-Bender
Librarian
Lincoln-Way West High School
21701 S. Gougar Rd.<https://maps.google.com/?q=21701+S.+Gougar+Rd.%0D+New+Lenox,+IL+60451&entry=gmail&source=g>