[AISLE-Share] Moving a library

Tue Jul 17 10:30:17 CDT 2018

I haven't moved a whole library, but I moved my non-fiction section.

I weeded them beforehand and went through them all to put them in correct
shelf order.

Then I packed the boxes with the spines up, from left to right like the
shelf, and labeled them BOX 1: 001.94 ABB to 031.25 GUI, for example.

Then I unpacked them in order and it went so quickly to pop them back on
the shelves.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 7:26 AM, Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I will be moving a library to a new building during the school year. It
> will be heavily weeded and ready to go. Best way to transport?  Box
> suggestion? System?  Labelling is key, I'm sure!!  Needs to come down, be
> moved,  and put back together as quickly as possible so library services
> can continue.
>
> If you've done this and have tips, I welcome the advice! Respond here or
> email me at:
> clw_librarian at hotmail.Com
>
> Thanks!
> Connie
>
> Connie Workman, Librarian
> VIT CUSD 2
> Table Grove, IL
> cworkman at vit2.org

Leah Gregory
Mascoutah Middle School
Librarian
Book Club Sponsor

E-mail is not necessarily a secure means of communication. The information
transmitted herewith is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and contains confidential or privileged material. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please disregard its contents
and destroy the message and its attachments. We also ask that you notify
the sender if you have received this message in error. Any improper use of
this information is prohibited.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info