[ISLMA-Share] Title help needed!

Thu Mar 1 09:49:30 CST 2018

Good morning.
I am putting together several outside reading lists for a teacher tackling the topic of injustice. She wants YA titles under two major categories:

*         Fear of the "Other"

*         Activism/Resistance

I sub-categoried the "Other" one to include:

*         Race

*         Religion

*         Gender Identity/Sexuality

*         Feminism or Women

Here's my need. I have gone through all my fiction titles and placed as many as I can think of into each category, although there is so much intersectionality and mash-up in many of these books. Can you all help me brain storm your favorite YA titles that would fall into this category? The readers will be lower level but 10th and 11th graders so nothing too young, please.

Thanks a million for helping my tired brain!

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
Eco Club Director
1 Book 1 Marist Director