[ISLMA-Share] Google resource calendar

Thu Mar 1 10:08:47 CST 2018

I do! Our Google admin set them up for me to use this semester (thought I used them at my last school, too). Since my library has different rooms/zones, there are multiple resource calendars for my space. I still have staff book my space for classes through me, so I know what’s going on, but this allows the building manager or district administrators to book the space after hours or for district PD or all of the other miscellaneous stuff that gets booked with RESERVATIONS THAT ARE LOCKED DOWN so no one can double book it. YAY! I add whatever teacher is requesting the space as a guest, so they get a calendar invite as confirmation (and theoretically to double check that I entered the reservation correctly). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ms. Lauren Ochs
School Librarian
Mahomet-Seymour High School
302 W. State St.
Mahomet, IL 61853
lochs at ms.k12.il.us<mailto:lochs at ms.k12.il.us>

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:47 AM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Google resource calendar

Has anyone used Google calendar resources to book anything in their school, but especially the school library?

Mariela Siegert
Adjunct Faculty, SOIS at Dominican University
School Librarian
​,
Westfield Middle School
​ in Bloomingdale, IL​
marris116 at gmail.com<mailto:marris116 at gmail.com>
@marris116
Instagram:  msiegert_WFMS_Library

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachment thereto is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510 et seq). It may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged within the meaning of applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.