[ISLMA-Share] Announcing the 2019 Readers' Choice awards lists

Thu Mar 1 18:36:38 CST 2018

So excited to see the Lincoln list--I cannot find it on the website though.  Is it in a different spot on the Lincoln page than it is for the Bluestem and Monarch lists?

Brooke Fleuette
Mercer County High School

Currently reading: Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
Currently listening to: Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association" <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:59:12 PM
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Announcing the 2019 Readers' Choice awards lists

Welcome to March everyone.  Please remember that we are half way through
the voting windows for the 2018 Monarch, Bluestem, and Lincoln awards.  Be
sure to submit your votes before March 15th!

I realize that many of you have been anxiously awaiting the releases of the
2019 lists.  Yes, the committees all met in the first or second week of
February this year to cerate the lists.  Part of their follow-up task is to
notify all of the authors, illustrators, and publishers about their titles
being selected.  This (even in the age of technology) does take a little
time.  The lists are the forwarded to me, which I then forward to our
webmaster for posting.

No one is trying to make excuses, I am simply stating the process that it
takes.

Having said that, I am pleased to announce that all three lists are now
available on the ISLMA (soon to be AISLE) website!!

Happy Reading!

Leslie Forsman
ISLMA Readers' Choice function rep
--