[ISLMA-Share] Netflix/Amazon Prime

Fri Mar 2 07:25:53 CST 2018

I'm not sure about Amazon Prime, but Netflix is explicit in their terms of
service that accounts are only meant to be used for private use and not
public viewing. However, they make an exception that "some Original
educational documentaries are available for one-time educational
screenings."

Netflix Terms of Service: https://help.netflix.com/legal/termsofuse
Educational Screenings of Documentaries:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57695

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Just a few weeks ago someone was asking about Netflix/Amazon Prime viewing
> in the classroom. I thought I had saved the email with a link to the story
> about it or info about the use, but am not finding it. Did anyone else save
> the info and can share. Thanks so much!
>
> Staci Thompson
>
> Mrs. Staci Thompson, LMS
> Google Certified Trainer
> GCE 1 &2
> Class of 2018 Co-Advisor
> @BagoLibrarian
> https://goo.gl/Eww9vL
>
> Winnebago CUSD #323
> 815-335-2336 ext. 2225
> ThompsonS at winnebagoschools.org
> Currently Reading: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
>

> This transmission is intended and restricted for use by the above
> addressee only and may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
> WHICH MAY BE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. Any
> unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or
> copying of this communication or any of its attachments is strictly
> immediately notify the listed sender by reply email, and take necessary
> steps to delete the file from your system and destroy any hard copies of
> this transmission.

Monica L. Fumarolo
B.A. - English, Secondary School Teaching
M.S. - Library and Information Science