[ISLMA-Share] Librarian-in-Training Survey

Thu Mar 8 10:48:08 CST 2018

Linda,

I did not mean to be sarcastic in my response, but I took the question as
personal, not professional, reading. When my children were younger, of
course I read multiple picture books every night and as they got older,
chapter books. But, it has only been the last couple of years, when my own
children are out of the house and my grandchildren only come for a visit,
that I can read for pleasure. I am a HS librarian, so I am constantly
reading sections, excerpts, reviews, for the YA material that I purchase.
Sometimes I have the time to read a complete book, but often I simply do
not. I am personally in a book club and we read about 10 books in the year,
but often I only get to read 6-8 of them. But, I am constantly reading. I
try to keep up with current educational articles, always reviews for
ordering, current events, research for fellow teachers and students, etc.
My job as a school librarian is reading and research intensive, it just
does not allow time for complete books for personal enjoyment. One of the
things I am looking forward to in retirement is the time to read what I
want to read, not what I need to read for my job.  Does this answer your
question? If this is not the response you wanted on the survey, please
reword or explain the question.

So glad you asked for clarification. I always want to assist MLS students.

Carolyn Kinsella, District Librarian
Minooka Community High School
ckinsella at mchs.net

Central Campus
301 S. Wabena Ave.
Minooka, IL  60447
PH: 815-467-2140 ext. 5040

South Campus
26655 West Eames
Channahon, IL 60410
PH:  815-521-4217

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I have a question on the "The 15 books you have read?  "
>
> Is that on your own time?  Or for the classroom?  For work/being a
> professional? Or to your own small children who love "Brown Bear, Brown
> Bear" and "Blaze the Monster Machine" over and over again? :)
>
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Dear ISLMA Community,
>>
>> I am currently an MLIS student at UW-Milwaukee seeking participants to
>> complete a  4-question, 10 minute survey for one of my courses about
>> reading behaviors. All of the responses will be confidential and the
>> results will only be used for the purpose of my assignment.
>>
>> If you have 10 minutes to spare, I would be grateful! Please see the
>> below link to participate:
>> https://goo.gl/forms/rHn6L7uY0pxXcEux2
>>
>> Many thanks for your help and support, and please feel free to contact me
>> with any questions.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Linda
>>
>> --
>> p: 847.287.1567
>> e: lcmoreen at gmail.com

> :) Laughter is a smile that bursts! :)

This message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111.
It contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended
only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone
else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All
personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please
notify us immediately at 815-521-4017