[ISLMA-Share] Partnering with public libraries to help undocumented immigrant students get a library card

Thu Mar 8 14:22:49 CST 2018

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you are partnering with your local public library
to obtain a library card in your school's name that immigrant families can
use.  With the current climate, undocumented immigrants may not be getting
library cards out of fear.

If anyone is has such a relationship, I would love to hear how it's going.
Any advice you can give me would be terrific.

Thanks so much.

Peace,

*Karrie Fisher*
Library Director &
Photography Teacher

*"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."  -- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education*

*Baker Demonstration School*
201 Sheridan Road | Wilmette, Illinois 60091
t: 847-425-5800 | f: 847-425-5801

*Love to Learn, Cherish the Journey, Serve the World**
<http://bakerdemschool.org>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baker-Demonstration-School/92910953966>
<https://twitter.com/BakerDem>* <https://instagram.com/bakerdem/>