[ISLMA-Share] Help with books

Fri Mar 9 10:38:01 CST 2018

OOH - I like the Princess in Black idea! Also think about the Lulu books by
Judith Viorst.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:53 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> The Princess in Black books by Shannon Hale?  Like Bug Juice on a Burger
> by Julie Sternberg?
>

> Taryn Hettlinger Parise
> Library Learning Center Director
> Longfellow School
>
> *Now on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
> (@longfellow_library)*
>
> Currently reading: The Trail by Mieka Hashimoto
>
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> One of my daughters was a reluctant reader in 4th grade unless it was
>> something she picked out. They did a Battle of the Books that year so I
>> convinced her to read the book as she listened to the audio. After 2 or 3
>> books doing that, she all of a sudden had confidence to read without the
>> audio. Interestingly, that daughter is now a 5th grade math teacher and she
>> says that she shares that idea with parents of her students that struggle
>> to read and they often come back saying it has helped! You might get her to
>> try that.
>>

>> Lynne Rathmell
>>

>> *[image: LeafLogo-30016]* <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/>*Arbordale
>> Publishing* <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/> *... **Formerly Sylvan
>> Dell Publishing*
>>
>> SBA Certified Woman Owned Business
>>
>> 612 Johnnie Dodds Blvd., Suite A2
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=612+Johnnie+Dodds+Blvd.,+Suite+A2+Mount+Pleasant,+SC+29464&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>
>> Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=612+Johnnie+Dodds+Blvd.,+Suite+A2+Mount+Pleasant,+SC+29464&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>
>> 843-971-6722 <(843)%20971-6722> (off), 877-243-3457 <(877)%20243-3457>
>> (toll free), 843-216-3804 <(843)%20216-3804> (fax)
>>
>> lynne at arbordalepublishing.com <http://donna@arbordalepublishing.com>
>>
>> *Science and Math Through Picture Books*
>>
>> Here’s a link to our online catalog
>> <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/documents/Catalog.pdf>. If you
>> prefer to sort our books to see which books contain various animals or
>> relate to specific subjects, you can do that by using the “sort” or
>> “search” features found at the top right of our main book homepages
>> <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/bookhome.php>. You can also find
>> regional or subject-specific Arbordale catalogs on Edelweiss
>> <https://www.edelweiss.plus/#publisher=SYLV&folderID=9531&page=1>.

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School