[ISLMA-Share] back piece for metal shelving

Fri Mar 9 14:58:31 CST 2018

There are an infinite number of hacks you could do to keep the books from
falling, but I would first check whether the existing ones work to
stabilize the shelf. If so, you need a solution that includes that...

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I would suggest some cheap "shower rods" or tension curtain rods.
>
> *Mr. Tim Yoder*
>
> Librarian
> Harvard Junior High School
> 1301 North Garfield Street
> Harvard, IL 60033
> 815-943-6466 ext.2337 <(815)%20943-6466>
> Fax 815-943-8521 <(815)%20943-8521>
> Email: tyoder at cusd50.org
>
> Currently Reading:
> *Dissonance* by Erica O'Rourke
> *Listen, Slowly* by Thanhha Lai
> *Huntress* by Malinda Lo
>
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what to call the piece on a metal shelf that keeps the
>> books from falling out the back? Or where to buy more? Hopefully the
>> attached picture gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.
>>
>> Our current shelves have been here for eons and I can't find a brand
>> name, number or anything. Overall they are in good shape but so many back
>> pieces are missing that it's a problem. I currently use boxes as a stopper
>> but if anyone has another suggestions I'd love to hear that also.
>>
>> --
>> Donna Brockmeyer
>> Media Clerk
>> District 110, Grant and Illini

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School