[ISLMA-Share] Anyone in HS use World Book?

Mon Mar 12 09:09:37 CDT 2018

Hi,

Are any high schools using World Book online? I am considering losing it. I
have looked at the usage reports, and I will admit it's been used, but I
suspect all of those searches are when I teach database research. I am not
privy to Works Cited lists, so I don't know if students are using and
citing it.

What are your thoughts on keeping an encyclopedia as a resource?

In the grand scheme of things, it's not that expensive....

I did think it was funny- they offered me the print books 2018 World Book
for $900.00. I am not spending that much on printed encyclopedias!

Thank you for your input.

Lori