[ISLMA-Share] Library Rules for Junior High library

Wed Mar 14 18:53:20 CDT 2018

All my 'rules' are guidelines in the positive. We talk alot about what
being respectful, responsible and proud looks like.

I guide behaviors. My activities for checkout are look for a book, check
out a book or silent read. I have it in stoplight colors. Green is look for
a book. . .allowing movement. Yellow is checkout. . . Waiting. Red is
silent read. . .find spot.

I redirect by reminding of activies allowed. It doesn't take too much. I
have done this at more than one school. I have the step system in place. .
.3 redirects is a call home.  I move kids if they aren't reading. Same as
classroom.

Hope that helps.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018, 11:42 AM Email list for the Illinois School Library