[ISLMA-Share] Got an interesting book club?

Fri Mar 16 09:53:31 CDT 2018

REMINDER: Please submit your unique book club by Thursday, March 22, to be considered. Thanks!

From: Sarah Ostman
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2018 2:11 PM
To: 'pubprgms at lists.ala.org' <pubprgms at lists.ala.org>; 'publib at oclclists.org' <publib at oclclists.org>; 'TN-libraries at listserv.tn.gov' <TN-libraries at listserv.tn.gov>; 'NYLINE at LISTSERV.NYSED.GOV' <NYLINE at LISTSERV.NYSED.GOV>; 'VTLIBRARIES at LIST.UVM.EDU' <VTLIBRARIES at LIST.UVM.EDU>; 'inlibraries at lists.in.gov' <inlibraries at lists.in.gov>; 'islma at list.railslibraries.info' <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Subject: Got an interesting book club?

Does your library offer a book club that's a little outside the box? Does it have a creative theme or meet in a unique location? Do you read unusual titles or dabble in interesting activities?

Tell us about it!

The American Library Association (ALA) Public Programs Office is compiling a list of creative book club ideas for a forthcoming book project with ALA Publishing. If your book club is featured in our book, you will be acknowledged in the publication.

To share your book club with us, please fill out this brief, 12-question online survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/bookclubreboot>. The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Questions? Contact us:

  *   Sarah Ostman, Communications Manager, ALA's Public Programs Office: sostman at ala.org<mailto:sostman at ala.org>
  *   Stephanie Saba, Senior Librarian, San Mateo County Libraries, sabas at smcl.org<mailto:sabas at smcl.org>

Thank you - we can't wait to hear about all your creative ideas!

Best,

Stephanie and Sarah

PS. Please feel free to share this email with any library workers, library volunteers, book stores or individuals who run unique book clubs. You'll find our survey online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/bookclubreboot.

Sarah Ostman
Communications Manager
Public Programs Office
American Library Association