[ISLMA-Share] 4th grade read aloud on kindness or anti-bullying

Wed Mar 21 16:51:42 CDT 2018

I recommend *Save Me a Seat *by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan. We had
Gita for an author visit and she was fantastic! Almost all my 3rd, 4th, and
5th grade teachers read the book to their classes. Several decided to read
aloud the part of Joe themselves, then play the audiobook for the chapters
for Ravi, since part of the issue is people pronouncing Ravi's name
incorrectly. I tried to read the Ravi chapters in library, but mangled the
names horribly. Pam

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello everybody
>
> One 4th grade teacher is looking for a chapter book she will read aloud to
> her class on being kind to one another or anti-bullying, that is not
> Wonder.  Which book would you recommend?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Chris

Ms. Pamela L. Meiser
*Teacher Librarian*