[ISLMA-Share] Book Lists

Fri Mar 23 07:47:49 CDT 2018

We have a summer reading program. Two of our libraries are open for two
days a week and students, siblings, and parents (kids under ten must be
accompanied by an adult) are able to make crafts, do stem activities,
listen to stories, and check out books. The program runs for four to five
weeks depending on our last day of school for that year. We partner with
the public library so our students earn credit for their reading logs with
us and the public library. Kids can choose to read for seven hours or seven
genres. Those completing those goals are eligible to win prizes.

Barb Miller
Learning Resource Center Facilitator
Troy Community Consolidated School District 30C

*Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination *
- Sidney Sheldon

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Adding onto the conversation about books being recommended for summer
> reading...do you have a summer reading program? If so, would you be willing
> to share what it is?
>  At my 6-8 school, I help teachers create varying reading lists for their
> students. Some grades require Caudills, some more history-themed books,
> some are just up for anything. Each grade has different requirements...
> I am curious as to what your schools do???
> Thanks!
>
> Carrie Stotz
> Marie Murphy School
> Wilmette
>

> Carrie Stotz
> ITC Director
> Marie Murphy School
> 847-251-3617 ext. 124
> stotzc at avoca37.org
>
> Currently reading: *Upside Down in the Middle of Nowehere *by Julie T.
> Lamana
> Follow us on Twitter @Marie Murphy ITC
> <https://twitter.com/MarieMurphyITC>
>

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a suggested Summer Reading list that they give to
>> students to read over the summer?
>> I was hoping to book talk & hand out lists to students Grades K-5.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

This electronic message (and any associated file
attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, or other distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender
by e-mail.