[ISLMA-Share] Readers' Choice Grant

Fri Mar 23 09:27:57 CDT 2018

There is only one registration fee.  It is $10.00 PER AWARD (Monarch,
Bluestem, Lincoln through ISLMA, Caudill through Caudill).  The fee has to
be paid for the coming year's cycle.  If you registered and paid to be an
official program submitting votes in January 2018 (for example), that
registration was for the 2018 votes.  You would need to register (and pay)
for the 2019 voting cycle to be eligible for the 2019 book set grant.

Many people share the books with their readers without registering for the
programs, which is fine for your readers, but remember that your readers'
votes could change the outcome of the votes. The only way they can be
counted is if you register to be part of the program and submit their votes.

The LBSS grant is designed to help you help your readers enjoy the titles
on these reading lists by providing a set of books.  As with any grant,
there are certain requirements and guidelines, in this case it is to
register with the program.

Enjoy the 2019 titles!  Good luck with your grant applications everyone!

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:35 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> When applying for the grant, you have to be registered for voting for the
> year of the grant you are applying for....
>
> For example.  If you are looking for 2019 book, you have to be registered
> for the 2019 year.   It doesn't matter if you have voted this year.   They
> are looking for next years voting cycle.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Last year I took the time to apply for this grant in order to receive a
>> set of the Lincoln books.  I then received notification that I had not
>> registered in order to be eligible.  So, is it the $10 fee???? I am
>> thinking there are 2 different registrations - one to be able to vote and
>> then one to be able to apply for the grant.  Does anyone know for sure?
>>

>> --
>> *Denyse Eagleson*
>> *English Teacher, Librarian, Cross Country Coach*
>> *Richland County High School*
>> *Olney, Il 62450*
>> *DEagleson at rccu1.net* <DEagleson at rccu1.net>
>>

>> “Love what you do and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who
>> tells you not to do it. You do what you want, what you love. Imagination
>> should be the center of your life.”
>> ― Ray Bradbury <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1630.Ray_Bradbury>

*Leslie Forsman*
*Pre-K through12th grade Librarian*
*Education to Careers Instructor*
*Quest Instructor*
*Triopia CUSD #27*
*2204 Concord Arenzville Road*
*Concord  IL  62631*
*217-457-2281, x1033*
*lforsman at triopiacusd27.org <lforsman at triopiacusd27.org>*
*"Hey, you live where the books are!" *
*(from a preK student who saw me outside of school).*