[ISLMA-Share] book fairs

Tue Mar 27 08:41:08 CDT 2018

Our spring book fair is one week long and covers 36 classes or just over
700 students at 2 locations. It's run by me and parent volunteers but I
always have to be at the open fair. The other school is closed when I'm not
there.

All classes come Monday through Thursday at their normal time or, if their
normal time is on Friday I slide them to an earlier day in the week at the
same time. I supply pencils and paper if anyone needs to make a wish list.
Friday is strictly make ups - the morning at the elementary school and
lunch periods/afternoon at the middle school. Students are only allowed on
Friday if they have money in hand. If there is a lull early in the week
I'll grab a student or two just to make Friday a little better. It's crazy
but gets everyone in.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to write a proposal to change the way we do book fairs at my
> school.  My main dilema is how to get all the classes a time slot to come
> and look and then a time slot to come and shop in a 1 week period.  We have
> 25 classes!
>
> I want to change this because most kids don't have money at the beginning
> of the week and then all try to come during fair hours the last 2 days of
> the fair.  We have long lines of kids wasting time out in the hall because
> we can't let them all come in at the same time.
>
> We need to have a schedule that works.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks a million,
> Sue Meegan
> smeegan75 at gmail.com
> Hoover School