[ISLMA-Share] Abe Lincoln List recommendations

Wed May 2 14:46:18 CDT 2018

Although *Beartown* is wonderful, it is more of an adult title and I
wouldn't recommend for the incoming freshman. *Fat Boy vs. the Cheerleaders*,
however, is that zaney level of stupid that appeals to a younger audience.
(Think *Swim the Fly*.) *Ms. Marvel* is solid.

Leah Krippner
Librarian, Harlem High School
I am currently reading *Dotmeme* by Mike A. Lancaster

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Good afternoon!
> I always go through some of the Abe Lincoln-nominated titles to my
> graduating 8th graders in May. I am not as familiar with the titles this
> year as I have been in the past. What are some good ones that I should be
> sure to discuss?? I own and love *The Hate U Give* and *Scythe.* Any
> others I shouldn't miss out on sharing?!?!?
> Thanks, everyone!
> :)
>
> Carrie Stotz
> ITC Director
> Marie Murphy School
> 847-251-3617 ext. 124
> stotzc at avoca37.org
>
> Currently reading: *Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere *by Julie T.
> Lamana
> Follow us on Twitter @Marie Murphy ITC
> <https://twitter.com/MarieMurphyITC>

*This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.*