[ISLMA-Share] Need PDHs? Attend an Illinois professional learning conference customized for school librarians!

Fri May 11 12:45:53 CDT 2018

All,

It's May, and the school year is beginning to wind down!  A perfect opportunity to think about summer plans! I wanted to extend an invitation for you to visit the iSchool of Illinois this July for some amazing, affordable professional learning, designed just for you!  Summer Getaway 2018<https://publish.illinois.edu/summergetaway/> will be held on campus at the University of Illinois' School of Information Sciences from July 12-14, 2018.

This year's conference will explore collaboration with community partners and public libraries, facilitation of school-wide and/or community-wide reading events, literacy development and extensions via making, active student inquiry, digital citizenship, and so much more! Please visit our #SG18 conference website, https://publish.illinois.edu/summergetaway/, to view this year's session descriptions.

Past attendees have expressed appreciation for the food, flexibility, informal collaborations, and ability to actually plan and create takeaways for direct use in the library. It's fun, informal, and rejuvenating!
All attendees receive 6 PDHs per day (up to 18 for full conference attendance). It's a nice way to knock out the hours required for licensure renewal. Feel free to attend 1, 2, or all 3 days based upon interest and your summer schedule.
But seriously, don't delay!  Ask your administrator to attend, and register<https://publish.illinois.edu/summergetaway/registration/> by June 1st to receive the early bird discount rate of $50/day, including food! Purchase orders are accepted.
We have a teacher-librarian from Peru traveling to our conference this year, and several attendees from across state lines!  I'd love to have Illinois librarians in attendance that are willing to share about their own school libraries. professional expertise and engage in national and global collaborations.
Let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you in July!
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D3E925.FF424030]

[cid:image003.png at 01D320DC.869FA620]

Ann Ohms

K-12 Program Coordinator