[ISLMA-Share] Flooring Question

Tue May 15 19:16:27 CDT 2018

We went half carpet and half tile last summer, and it's been great so far. A student built acoustic panels that help with the noise, but really there has been little difference in the sound levels. The high traffic areas are tile, and the instructional space and around the stacks are carpet squares. The pattern helps break up the room, and the design has added a more contemporary vibe. We even had the school's logo embedded in the tile right as one walks in. We couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps!
Gretchen Zaitzeff
Librarian
University High School
Normal, IL

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:53:41 PM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Flooring Question

I have been at both an elementary and a middle school with tile and it has worked well in both places.  Yes, the noise level is a little higher, but the ease of cleaning and the lack of mold (why the carpeting was removed in my elementary school) is great!

--
Kristin Diaz
Library Director

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete this message and any attachments.

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info