[ISLMA-Share] Read-alikes for Wonder?

Wed May 16 11:47:12 CDT 2018

Our junior high teaches *Wonder *as a class novel for the entire 6th grade,
but we may need to switch to another book due to the now very high number
of kids who have already read it prior to 6th grade.

We are looking for some good read-alikes that hit the theme of kindness
pretty hard. Teachers are thinking of *The Misfits *because it also
provides multiple perspectives from the various characters, but I want to
provide some alternatives t/o the ELA department just in case that one
doesn't work out. I have a small list and want to add more.

Any suggestions for a beginning-of-the-year book that hits kindness as a
theme that would work for 6th grade?

Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions in advance!!

-Elly Schook
LMC Director
Old Orchard Junior High School
Skokie, IL