[ISLMA-Share] Good News! US Senate votes to save Net Neutrality!

Wed May 16 16:27:01 CDT 2018

>From the ACLU--

*The Senate just voted to protect net neutrality and reverse the FCC's
decision to cede control of the internet to Big Telecom. *This is a truly
stunning victory – and one that was only possible because we fought
together. Since the FCC voted to dismantle net neutrality in December,
hundreds of thousands of activists like you signed the petition, sent
messages to their senators, and kept those Senate phones ringing off the
hook.

*Even a Senate whose leadership is in the pocket of Big Telecom was no
match for us. You never gave up, and that made us victorious today.*

*Now we move to the House*--

The House will now face the same choice: listen to their constituents or
allow a misguided, illogical decision to threaten access to content
online. *With
the net neutrality rollback set to happen on June 11, we need the House to
act swiftly – which means we need to start targeting them now.*

Send a message to your representative demanding that they vote to save net
neutrality. The vast majority of people in this country – regardless of
political party – support net neutrality. And with the Senate now
definitively voting to reverse the FCC's ruling, the pressure on the House
is real.

I will forward more info as soon as ALA publishes more about their efforts.

Lou Ann Jacobs
AISLE Legislation Advocacy