[AISLE-Share] Fwd: Readers Incentive Program

Mon May 21 16:31:29 CDT 2018

For my 4th and 5th graders we have the Bluestem Reading Incentive:

  1.  Read and pass the AR quiz of 1 and put name in a monthly raffle for free books
  2.  Read and pass the AR quiz of 10 and get photo on the Wall of Fame: 8x10 paper with student head shot on themed paper
  3.  Read and pass the AR quiz of 15 and come to the Reading Celebration party in May: ice cream or nachos or root beer floats or whatever.
  4.  5th grade only: Read and pass the AR quiz of 18 or more by Feb. 6 and go on a field trip to Barnes and Noble to help buy books for the library, eat lunch out and stop for ice cream on the way home.
  5.  Read and pass the AR quiz of 19 and get all of the above and an engraved medal
  6.  Read and pass the AR quiz of 20 get 1-3 and an engraved trophy

Every once in a while we get a grade who just don't really care and participation is down but most years it is pretty high.  I don't know what age group you have but this works for us.

Peggy Burton, Librarian

Williams Elementary School

1709 S. 9th Street

Mattoon, IL 61938