[AISLE-Share] (no subject)

Wed May 23 10:31:18 CDT 2018

I am using it this summer.  It seems pretty user friendly.  And I love that
Harry Potter is the theme.  It has a parent letter, recommended age reading
lists and other promotional activities on the website.  Best part is it is
FREE!

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 9:11 AM, Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Do any of you use the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge? We never have,
> but have a few parents interested. Is it a good vehicle to prevent the
> 'summer slump'? Are the materials and games age-appropriate (do they vary
> with age and ability or the same across grade levels)?
>
> If you use it, is it a whole school expectation or a program for those who
> specifically want to participate?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris Wilson
>

> --
>
> 'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
> you have WebMD?'
>
> Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com
>

> Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
> Avon Center School
> CCSD 46
>

> *Home of the Novas *
> 1617 N. Route 83
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1617+N.+Route+83+%0D%0ARound+Lake+Beach,+IL%C2%A0+60073&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Round Lake Beach, IL  60073
>
> 847.543.5509
> wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org
> @Christi98003919 <https://twitter.com/Christi98003919>

Deanne Guccione, Librarian
Pleasant Plains Middle School
dguccione at ppcusd8.org

"Winning is not always about shining the brightest.  Sometimes it's about
sharing the light with someone who has been waiting in th shadows all
along." Quote from the book* Save Me A Seat* by Saraha Weeks & Gita
Varadarajan
Currently Reading:  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

[image: 3]

Just finished:  The Family Next Door

[image: 34964898]

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info