[AISLE-Share] HS Student Library Assistants?

Sun Nov 4 21:13:40 CST 2018

We have student interns. It’s a semester long class. I require kids to read 6 novels off of the Abraham Lincoln list. I must approve all applicants. They must be juniors or seniors and have a B average or higher in their English classes. (I also check with previous teachers for “good fit.”) Never accept more than one student per class period. They ALWAYS goof around.

My students have certain tasks they do for me every day (book drops, deliver hold materials to students in class, shelving, helping students within Destiny login).

If anybody is interested, I can share my syllabus and grading rubric.

Leah Krippner

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 20:00, Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
> Hello:
>
> I am curious if anyone still has student library assistants in their school library?
>
> I was kicking around the idea of starting a program at our building and I wanted to get some insight into what others are doing.
>
> If you have a program, could you please share the details? Paid or volunteer? Duties, issues, advantages, disadvantages, etc?
>
> Thanks,,
> Eric

> Eric Bodwell
> ebodwell at gmail.com
> http://www.ericbodwell.com
>
> "The librarian isn't a clerk who happens to work at a library. A librarian is a data hound, a guide, a sherpa and a teacher. The librarian is the interface between reams of data and the untrained but motivated user." -Seth Godin
>
> “I am hard to disgust, but a pretentious poet can do it” - Marianne Moore

*This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.*

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info