[AISLE-Share] HS Student Library Assistants?

Mon Nov 5 09:00:44 CST 2018

I started a library volunteer program this year. I put out a call to
students via our library Schoology page and added those who expressed
interest to a separate Library Volunteer Schoology Group. We currently have
45 members who are willing to assist during their lunches, during PLC time,
or before/after school.

I post to the page what we need done (shelving, displays, processing) and
students respond if/when they can help. Some of them do it for service
hours (Key Club, National Honor Society, National English Honor Society),
but most just do it because they like the library. Students who want to
shelve start out rearranging books on carts so that we know they understand
call #s.

We keep a sign in sheet, but that is mostly because I'm going to throw them
all a little breakfast party during final exams and I want to make sure to
invite everyone who has helped. Feel free to contact me off-list if you
want more info!

Best,
Kelly Roberts
Head Librarian
Glenbard East HS
kelly_roberts at glenbard.org
@roberts_reads

[image: Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 8.52.30 AM.png]

*Kelly Roberts*
Head Librarian
Glenbard East High School
kelly_roberts at glenbard.org