[AISLE-Share] training materials for student shelvers

Mon Nov 5 15:25:41 CST 2018

Meredith,

A simple help, especially for 6th graders, is to use Shelf Lists to check
the shelf order.  I print them up about once a semester.  The workers I
have use those often.  They do a better and faster job of shelving when
they have a "cheat sheet."

If you use Destiny, you can easily print them up.

:)
Kristi

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It was great to see so many of you at the AISLE conference!
>
> I currently have no clerk or volunteer support and would like to train
> some student volunteers (6th graders) on shelving, so I can free my time to
> do more high level work.
>
> Any recommendations for basic training programs and materials for
> students? My library is Dewey and alphabetical by last name for fiction.
>
> Meredith Riddle
> District Librarian
> Cerro Gordo CUSD #100

Kristi L.S. Pierce