[AISLE-Share] how to decide on ebooks in GVRL?

Thu Nov 8 16:50:21 CST 2018

I usually contact my rep and ask her for options for a particular topic
within that subject area and both middle and high school titles per our
school reading abilities. She then sends me a list of available titles AND
provides access to preview/read each one. I usually narrow the list and
then consult my teachers for their input. The teachers and I I really,
really like GVRL...

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:41 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to purchasing digital books and I'm going with Gale's GVRL. I'm
> wondering how you make decisions about ebooks without professional reviews
> available?
>
> I'm purchasing for middle school Science. Are there publishers that you
> really like for this grade/subject?
>
> Any help you can offer with selection and GVRL would be much appreciated!
>
> Jamie Winchell
> Teacher Librarian
> Percy Julian Middle School
>
> “Great books help you understand, and they help you to feel understood.”
> -John Green

Sent from Gmail Mobile

--

**Confidentiality Notice**: *This message and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information that is protected by law.

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info