[AISLE-Share] Grades in Library?

Thu Nov 15 20:48:04 CST 2018

Library is a special and covers teacher prep time. I usually have a library aide helping during my classes. I see every classroom in my two buildings twice a week for 30 minutes which includes both a lesson and book checkout. I am required to write my own weekly lesson plans. I am a certified teacher/MLIS and usually the only certified staff member working with the students. I do occasionally collaborate and co-teach with other certified teachers but I give up my own plan time to do so. I do occasionally have certified teachers give up their plan time to help me teach something. I do not give grades.

From: aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <aisle-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> On Behalf Of Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:59 AM
To: aisle at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [AISLE-Share] Grades in Library?

This query is for K-5 librarians:

Is your library schedule considered a "special" like PE and Music?  Do the classroom teachers stay in the library with their classes, or are you the only certified staff with the students? And here's the biggie:  Are you required to give a grade for library time? If so, what does that look like?

Thanks for your input!

Mrs. Karen Kruckenberg, MS Ed. TS, LIS Endorsed

Library Media Center Director Harvard High School

District 50 Library Media Chair

815-943-6461 Ext. 2299

http://harcohilmc.weebly.com

  <https://twitter.com/KarenKruck>

"Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other."  John F. Kennedy

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info