[AISLE-Share] Grades in Library?

Fri Nov 16 11:24:27 CST 2018

Library is a special and covers teacher prep time. I teach K-6th once a
week (22 classes in total) all classes schedule a separate book check-out
time.  Teachers do not stay during library class, but they do stay during
library check-out.  My aide handles check-out.  I write my own lesson plans
which are aligned to standards. I am a certified teacher/MLIS and the only
certified staff member working with the students in the library. I do not
give grades, but do create lessons with assessments of various kinds so
that when I am evaluated I can show student growth.  These classes all take
place Tuesday through Thursday.  I am at the Jr./Sr. High School on Mondays
and Fridays.

Michelle Harris

Heyworth CUSD #4

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 8:53 PM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Library is a special and covers teacher prep time. I usually have a
> library aide helping during my classes. I see every classroom in my two
> buildings twice a week for 30 minutes which includes both a lesson and book
> checkout. I am required to write my own weekly lesson plans. I am a
> certified teacher/MLIS and usually the only certified staff member working
> with the students. I do occasionally collaborate and co-teach with other
> certified teachers but I give up my own plan time to do so. I do
> occasionally have certified teachers give up their plan time to help me
> teach something. I do not give grades.

Michelle Harris
District Librarian
Heyworth CUSD #4