[AISLE-Share] Book Suggestions

Wed Nov 28 09:24:56 CST 2018

What about a title recently on the Lincoln list--American Street by Ibi
Zoboi? I think it has swear words though, so I'm not sure how that would
work in your school as a class read.

A nonfiction book that would be perfect is THIS LAND IS OUR LAND BY LINDA
BARRETT OSBORNE. It looks like it's for younger kids, but it covers some
very tough topics in an entertaining way.  It was on the YALSA Excellence
in Nonfiction list a few years ago and it available in paperback, I think.
It's an accessible informative text.

Sarah Hill, Information Services Librarian
Lake Land College, Mattoon, Illinois
Young Adult Library Services Association President, 2016-2017
Twitter @glibrarian
Goodreads.com/gsarahthelibrarian
Work Phone: 217.234.5440

aisle-leave at list.railslibraries.info