[AISLE-Share] Book Suggestions

Wed Nov 28 13:40:24 CST 2018

When Dimple met Rishi (Sandhya Menon) is light, but is a good portrayal of first generation Americans and the differences in outlook between them and their immigrant parents. There is pre-marital sex, but nothing explicit.

Also, The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas), is a good portrayal of parents trying to lift their family out of poverty and violence without forgetting where they came from. They aren't technically 'immigrants', but they may as well be.
These two are on this year's Lincoln Award list.
I am not your Perfect Mexican Daughter (Erika Sánchez) is a mystery set in a non-documented immigrant family in Chicago.

Christine Wilson

847.727.6743

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com