[AISLE-Share] 1:1 audio/visual recording policies

Wed Oct 3 19:21:37 CDT 2018

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the information!  May I ask what school you teach at, and are there other high schools in your district with the same video policy?

I too am hoping for balance between basic skills and tech!

Rose

Rose Janusz, MLIS
Library Media Center Director
DuPage High School District 88
Ph. (630) 628-2611

>>> Email list for the Association of Illinois School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> 10/3/2018 7:09 PM >>>
Yes ours are enabled so that kids can record videos they make. Our school has been 1:1 for 5-6 years, and we've become very tech focused. Kids are recording videos to share, doing coding projects, using the green screen etc. The downside is that reading and writing (beyond short sentences for slides) have definitely taken a back seat in the curriculum. I'm hoping for the kids' sake that the two (tech and basic skills) find a balance down the road.:) Kathy