[AISLE-Share] Author Visit - Michael Wayne

Tue Oct 9 11:43:51 CDT 2018

Good morning!

I am the K-12 district librarian for Sterling Public Schools and watched a
presentation of Michael Wayne at one of my K-2 schools. He isn't a very
dynamic presenter and I wouldn't recommend him for a whole-school
presentations (he had an hour-long presentation for five sections of
kindergarteners sitting on the gym floor...it did NOT go well). His stories
are cute, and his own story about creating the books is interesting, but he
is not a super dynamic presenter.  I think it'd be fun if he could visit a
classroom or two, but I wouldn't suggest an entire school presentation...

He is easy going and very pleasant, but he's soft spoken and very gentle,
which doesn't necessarily command a presence in front of a large group of
small kiddos!

Good luck!

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:27 AM Email list for the Association of Illinois
School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> He is from Yorkville (Where my school is. I am a K-3 building) and he is
> scheduled to come at the end of November. So far he has been super easy to
> work with and sent just the other day all 3 books and teacher resources, as
> well as flyers and order forms for his books to start getting kids ready
> for his visit. I can let you know how it goes! So far the kids are excited
> and love the books!
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:12 AM Email list for the Association of Illinois
> School Library Educators <aisle at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Good Morning!
>>

>> Has anyone hosted Michael Wayne for an author visit?  He is an Illinois
>> author that I learned about from a direct mailing.  He offers free visits
>> to schools, but will send order forms for students to purchase books.  He
>> has written three picture books:  Snowman vs. You, Snowman vs. ABC & You,
>> and Snowman vs. Your Scary Face.
>>

>> Thanks for any insight!
>>

>> Jamie Lain

Heather D. Johnson